ARBITRATION POLICY/FEE SCHEDULE
ADMINISTRATIVE & REFUNDABLE FEES
A case will be opened upon receipt of a $1,500.00 non-refundable Administrative Fee and $3,500.00 refundable Evergreen Retainer. Upon opening a case, JWA will send the initial list of five potential arbitrators to the parties to begin the selection of an arbitrator unless provided otherwise by the arbitration agreement.
All Evergreen Retainers are required to be replenished within 30 days of receipt of an invoice for fees incurred. Disbursements to the arbitrators are made on a quarterly basis. In the event the Evergreen Retainer is not replenished within the allotted time, the case will be suspended and an additional non-refundable Late Fee is due by the party responsible for replenishing the Evergreen Retainer.
1 Day Arbitration $11,250.00
2 Day Arbitration $18,000.00
3 Day Arbitration $22,500.00
Each additional day of trial will incur an additional $4,500.00 in Anticipated Fees.
Arbitrator’s Anticipated Fees including hearings, study time, and preparation of award: $450.00/Hour
- JWA will send an Anticipated Fee Statement upon entry of the first Scheduling Order.
- Anticipated Fees are due 45 days prior to the first scheduled Arbitration date. Until July 1, 2017, Anticipated Fees are due 30 days prior to Arbitration for all active cases prior to February 1, 2017.
- In the event the Anticipated Fees are not received before the 45-day deadline (or 30 days as referenced above), the Arbitration is suspended.
- An additional non-refundable Late Fee of $1,500.00 (in addition to the Anticipated Fees) will be due to resume the case in the event of non-payment before the deadline. The Late Fee and Anticipated Fees are due by the responsible party. Until July 1, 2017, the additional $1,500.00 Late Fee will be waived on all cases opened prior to February 1, 2017.
- All fees and expenses exceeding the Anticipated Fees are due within 30 days of the responsible party receiving an invoice.
JWA CANCELLATION POLICY
- If a case is resolved within 30 days prior to Arbitration, one-half the Anticipated Fees will be considered a cancellation fee.
- If a case is resolved within 14 days prior to Arbitration, the full Anticipated Fee will be considered a cancellation fee.
- All cases resolved outside 30 days prior to Arbitration, the Arbitration Fee is refunded minus all outstanding fees due to the arbitrator for time and expenses incurred.
- Parties are encouraged to schedule dispositive motions, mediations and settlement conferences in ample time, prior to the deadlines above, to avoid cancellation fees.
- All fees exceeding the Evergreen Retainer are due within 30 days of receipt of the invoice.
- The above procedures apply to all cases pending with JWA as of February 1, 2017. The arbitrator’s hourly fees are determined by the date the respective case was filed with JWA.
- All cases filed on or after February 1, 2017 are billed at the rates and retainers provided above.
- JWA’s policy and fee schedule is subject to change without notice.