SPECIAL JUDGE POLICY/FEE SCHEDULE
ADMINISTRATIVE FEES & REFUNDABLE FEES
A case will be opened upon receipt of a $1,500.00 non-refundable Administrative Fee and $3,500.00 refundable Evergreen Retainer. Upon opening a case, JWA will send the initial list of five potential Special Judges to the parties to begin the selection of a Special Judge unless provided otherwise by the agreement.
All Evergreen Retainers are required to be replenished within 30 days of receipt of an invoice for fees incurred. Disbursements to the Judges are made on a quarterly basis. In the event the Evergreen Retainer is not replenished within the allotted time, the case will be suspended and an additional non-refundable Late Fee is due by the party responsible for replenishing the Evergreen Retainer.
1 Day Trial $11,250.00
2 Day Trial $18,000.00
3 Day Trial $22,500.00
Each additional day of trial will incur an additional $4,500.00 in Anticipated Fees.
Special Judge’s Anticipated Fees including hearings, study time, and preparation of award: $450.00/Hour
- Unless otherwise agreed, each party equally shares all costs and cancellation fees including the Administrative Fee, the Evergreen Retainer, the Special Judge’s Fees and the Court Reporter’s Fees related to trial.
- JWA will send an Anticipated Fee Statement upon entry of the first Scheduling Order.
- Anticipated Fees are due 45 days prior to the first scheduled trial date.
- In the event the Anticipated Fees are not received before the 45-day deadline, the case is suspended.
- An additional non-refundable Late Fee of $1,500.00 (in addition to the Anticipated Fees) will be due to resume the case in the event of non-payment before the deadline. The Late Fee and Anticipated Fees are due by the responsible party.
- All fees and expenses exceeding the Anticipated Fees are due within 30 days of the responsible party receiving an invoice.
JWA CANCELLATION POLICY
- If a case is resolved within 30 days prior to trial, one-half the Anticipated Fees will be considered a cancellation fee.
- If a case is resolved within 14 days prior to trial, the full Anticipated Fee will be considered a cancellation fee.
- All cases resolved outside 30 days prior to trial, the Anticipated Fee is refunded minus all outstanding fees due to the Judge for time and expenses incurred.
- Parties are encouraged to schedule dispositive motions, mediations and settlement conferences in ample time, prior to the deadlines above, to avoid cancellation fees.
- All fees exceeding the Evergreen Retainer are due within 30 days of receipt of the invoice.
- JWA’s policy and fee schedule is subject to change without notice.